The Ranch of the Risen Son’s mission is to redeem abused and abandoned children – in spirit, soul and body – through the use of hippotherapy (treatment with the help of a horse) and God’s word in Christian love.
“When my father and or mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.”
About The Ranch
The Ranch of the Risen Son will be spread out over 200 acres of prime land in the state of Pennsylvania and will house 200 children full-time. The children will range in age from 8 -18 and will be schooled on the property. They will care for the horses and barnyard animals, grow and harvest hay, grow vegetables, make quilts, candles, etc. There will be 20 log homes. Ten children and a married Christian couple will live in each home (boys and girls will live in separate homes) Four of these homes will contain siblings in order to keep children together who have been removed from their parent (s). In these cases, children younger than age eight will be accepted on the Ranch. Each home will be 5,000 square feet.
The first floor will contain 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a generous country kitchen, a large dining room and a great room. The second floor of the house contain 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and an open loft that will contain a game room and overlook the great room below. There will also be two laundry rooms, one on each floor. Our barns, school buildings etc. will be constructed in original logs & natural fieldstones. All roadways approaching and throughout the ranch will be kept on natural settings. The entire area will be set back in time to the early years of this country.
What can Hippotherapy Do?
The therapeutic value of a horse was recognized as early as 460 B.C. by Hippocrates (father of medicine). Studies continued in the early 19th century in France and in the mid-1940’s in Scandinavia. So called classic hippotherapy evolved mainly in Germany during the 1960’s and began to be viewed as an adjunct to physical therapy. In the 1970’s physical therapists in the United States began to develop treatment uses for the movement of the horse. An important part of the children’s rehabilitation program will include hippotherapy. Hippotherapy has been used successfully in the medical community to treat autism, polio, learning disabilities, muscular dystrophy, spinal injuries, cerebral palsy, etc…
Our Prayer List
- We need 20 couples from Anywhere, USA who feel led to live at the Ranch full time to be Mom and Dad to 10 children.
- We need teachers, nurses, doctors, veterinarians, childcare specialists, psychiatrists farmers, wood workers, builders grant writers, lawyers, pastors, singers, homemakers anyone who has dedicated their life to Jesus could be used somewhere on the Ranch.
- We need at least 200 acres of land to accommodate the needs of the Ranch. We will consider any land over 150 acres to start with.
- We need prayers for insight and Divine wisdom that only comes from our Lord.
- We pray that this Ranch as a rescue mission can find its way across the airways to reach those out of state that may be prime candidates to work here or reach a child that the Ranch can accept as a resident.
- We pray that those people that are so humble that they think that they have nothing to give may be led to call anyway.